CHASE develops acceptance and in-field test and measurement techniques for identifying and authenticating ICs, embedded systems, and PCBs, including:
- Evaluation of military/industry practices for detecting counterfeit parts.
- Evaluation of existing test techniques used in labs for counterfeit detection.
- Technology readiness and cost analysis, cost/benefit analysis for counterfeit detection using existing techniques, development of standard test techniques for counterfeit detection to achieve highest confidence levels.
- Low-cost electrical tests called counterfeit detection/evaluation boards (CDEB) targeting analog, digital, FPGA, memory, and mixed-signal devices.
- Techniques for analyzing application of standard test techniques to representative parts, data collection, and proof of concept.